ArtBlog Tom

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Illustration Friday - STRENGTH


This is a collage of a typical ‘strongman’ in a carnival. Like my last collage, it is cut out of guardian newspapers and colour supplements. I’m really pleased with the way it looks and I particularly like the golden face on the seal’s ball.

Also I am pleased to announce that today the winner was announced for the lord mayor of St. Albans’ Christmas card, and it was me! It was really great to have so many people congratulating me and the £50 cheque just sweetened the deal. As a poor schoolboy desperately in need of money so I can spend loads of money on my busy social life and Christmas presents for friends, I am willing to be commissioned to design Christmas cards for the same amount! For just £50, you can have your own personalised Christmas card, and I can even organise printing and delivery to your home (my mother is a graphic designer), or just email you the artwork.

Be the envy of all your friends with a custom card from ArtBlog Tom!

11 Comments:

At 11/15/2005 11:56 AM, Blogger LDahl said...

This was a fun surprise!! Really caught the mood of the circus strongman!

 
At 11/15/2005 3:06 PM, Blogger carla said...

Well, congratulations on winning the prize! And congratulations on a really splendiforous collage...it has a festive feeling to it, and must agree with you about the golden face ball...it's wonderful. I like this a lot:>

 
At 11/15/2005 3:08 PM, Anonymous big daddy said...

I'm glad I've given you inspiration, but I do think I have more hair than in the picture.

Sorry I wasn't leaving a comment asking for a christmas card design, but well done on winning, especially as some 400 others entered!

 
At 11/15/2005 5:53 PM, Blogger Toni said...

YEA!!! Tom.
congratulations on the win!
Nice job.

your illo this week is great.
love how you use clippings for your collage work.

 
At 11/15/2005 6:12 PM, Anonymous Rachel said...

CONGRATULATIONS TOMMY!

I was talking to Mum last night just before you were off to the competition. I went to bed (HK time) thinking of you.

I love the strong man and the way you used a newspaper column for his costume.

Rachel

 
At 11/15/2005 8:58 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I wanna see the card you designed! Congrats!!!Great job!!!!

 
At 11/16/2005 1:14 AM, Blogger Anonymous said...

I really like this! Well done!!!

 
At 11/16/2005 5:56 PM, Anonymous rose said...

Great collage! Please post your card!

 
At 11/17/2005 2:15 PM, Blogger Fancy World said...

Like your style, very nice.

 
At 11/18/2005 12:40 AM, Blogger miragee said...

Wow, Tom, you are certainly a very talented young man. I looked at other posts as well and I really love them:-).

This is definitely the most lovely post of this week for me!

 
At 11/23/2005 8:16 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

Well done on the competition Tom. And I love the strong man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home