ArtBlog Tom

Monday, December 19, 2005

Illustration Friday - IMAGINE


This is a watercolour and brush pen picture of me on my second birthday, thinking of other things. I am wearing a traditional chinese outfit from my auntie Rachel in Hong Kong. I'm sure at the time I wasn't imagining
Shakespeare quotes or E=mc2 (my maths teacher would probably argue that she was on her second birthday, along with pythagoras' theorem et al) but there's a lot of potential in a two year old.


My mother has made a calender for 2006 using my IF pictures, if you would like to see it or download it for free, then just click here

9 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 5:46 PM, Blogger Christine Lim Simpson said...

Wonderful illustration Tom!

 
At 12/19/2005 8:10 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Tom, you are really becoming quite the talented artist! Great job!!!

 
At 12/20/2005 1:22 AM, Blogger johnnynorms said...

I like the feeling of your imagination could go anywhere. I'd like to unbend the London Underground to look like this, then that might go anywhere instead of terminating at High Barnet, Edgeware, etc.

 
At 12/20/2005 2:28 AM, Blogger ArtBlog Tom said...

Thankyou for all your kind comments.

 
At 12/20/2005 9:30 AM, Blogger Queen Tut said...

Wow, good work and fun illo!

 
At 12/20/2005 10:31 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

I remember what its like to be two and you are right there is a lot of potential - the problem seems to be that most people just don't understand when one is saying it! I love the way you have depicted it.

Your calendar looks good too... if I wasn't doing my own I'd be tempted to print yours out!

 
At 12/20/2005 12:12 PM, Blogger isay said...

very impressive! i like your drawing of yourself -it's lovely and it looks like your in a magical place.

 
At 12/20/2005 9:39 PM, Anonymous rachel said...

Lovely picture Tom. I have a photo of you on my desk in that outfit with Flo in her green Cheong Saam.

You were little darlings!

 
At 12/22/2005 5:36 AM, Blogger miragee said...

That's a lovely illo! I checked out your calendar as well. It's just gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home